Write an email to solve a customer issue.
When it comes to communicating in the modern world, there are a number of tools you can use to improve the way you send and receive ideas and information. A successful builder maintains a quality toolbox in order to have the right tool on hand for the job. The same is true for a successful communicator. The modern workplace requires us to understand and utilize digital tools to communicate effectively. But how will you choose the right tool for the jobs you face?
For this assessment, you’ll practice your communication, digital proficiency, and productivity skills. You will show that you can use time management and written communication to solve a customer issue. You will do this by using what you’ve learned about professional written communication to write a message that communicates tasks and timelines relevant for a specific audience and purpose.
For this assessment, complete the following:
1. Review the to-do items that need to be completed to accomplish the tasks outlined by your manager in her voicemail message in Assessment 1.
Respond to Wanda’s voicemail message.
Send message to the Shipping Department to get their assistance.
Monday (end of day)
Send new shipment.
Ship replacement order to customer at no charge.
Send shipment tracking number to customer.
Refund shipping fees to customer.
2. Use professional language and tone appropriate for internal communication with co-workers to write an email message to the shipping department explaining what needs to be done. Make sure to refer to the table above for the details. You may use the Email Template [DOCX]. Include the following in your email:
- Identify what task still needs to be completed.
- Identify which to-do items need to be done by the Shipping Department.
- Clarify when the replacement order is scheduled to arrive.
- Identify who is responsible for refunding the shipping fees to Printables.
- Use professional language and tone appropriate for internal communication with co-workers.
3. Review your email. If needed, edit your message.