THIS IS A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ASSIGNMENT WITH 11-12 SLIDES
- Use the Analysis of a Theory Worksheet to help you dissect the theory. You do not need to submit this handout. It is a tool for you to use to dissect the theory, and then you can employ the information in the table to complete your Assignment. Review and focus on the same case study that you used in Week 2.
Use bullet points when writing on each slide, meaning no long paragraphs of written text should be in the slides.
Your presentation should address the following:
- Identify the presenting problem for the case study you selected. (Remember: The presenting problem has to be framed from the perspective of role theory. For example, the presenting problem can be framed within the context of role functioning.)
- Identify all the relevant roles assumed by the client.
- Analyze the social expectations and social and cultural norms revolving around the role, social position, and role scripts of one of the roles assumed by the client.
- Explain the role and social position of the social worker in working with the client in the case study.
- Describe how the role(s) and social position(s) assumed by the social worker will influence the relationship between the social worker and the client.
- Identify three assessment questions that are guided by role theory that you will ask the client to better understand the problem.
- Identify and describe two interventions that are aligned with the presenting problem and role theory.
- Identify one advantage and one limitation in using role theory in understanding the case.
Submit also, as a separate document, your Week 4 Analysis of a Theory Worksheet.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Include a Reference List on the last slide.